But I AM extremely tired of taking my life in my hands every time I get behind the wheel of my car…
- The scariest of scary driving situations is to have the motorcycles swarming around my car like wasps at a bar-b-que. When the light turns, they take off like bats out of Hell – any which way – and I’m terrified that I’ll hit one. They don’t seem to know that I can’t see them roaring up on my right!
- Very irritating it is… to be stopped at an intersection, and have another car speed up beside you. He can see just fine, but until he’s gone, you can’t – and you were there first. To me, this behavior is just as rude as shoving another person out of the tortilla line up.
- Parents picking up their kids from school. They have NO consideration for others on the road. I’ve seen them parked three abreast – deaf to my pleas… Ah-h-h-h but they are setting fine examples for the little ones!
- Cell phone use while driving is supposed to be illegal. I still see loads of people talking on cell phones; it seems this new rule is not being enforced.
- Ditto the use of seat belts
- When I’m stopped and there’s a CONTINUA sign, I won’t dash out into the traffic if the coast is not clear (if other cars are coming right at me) yet the driver behind me will still honk his horn incessantly.
- I get so frustrated at the lack of good manners and patience. What is so terrible about letting some guy back out of his garage, or change lanes? It seems like Merida drivers would rather plough into me than allow me to slip ahead of them.
- Big buses and trucks tailgating me is a nerve-wracking experience.
- The flashing blue and red lights on the patrol cars are really distracting.
- I am extremely nervous that one of these days I’ll run over one of the people who twist and weave through the stopped cars asking for money.
What are your driving nightmares?