Not much time for posting on this trip… Yesterday we put in a 15 hour day! But I have uploaded my photos and so will share a few with you.
Actually, I am disappointed with most of the images I have taken over the past few days. No way do they do justice to what I’ve seen… The good news is that better photographers with better cameras have offered to share their pics… but for today these are the best I can offer. Here are the slideshow captions:
- The Gulf of Mexico at Champoton where we stopped for lunch on Sunday
- Our group arriving at Palenque on Monday
- The Ceiba, Palenque
- The Mirador, Palenque
- Breakfast “coming up” enroute for Bonampak, 6 am, Tuesday
- The landing strip at Bonampak, until not long ago, a small Cessna was the only way to reach the site
- One of the guardian’s children in Bonampak
- “Chan Kin”, a guardian at Bonampak and Lacondon elder
- The boat we took to Yaxilan
- Starting with a climb…
- Continuing with a walk…
- Our group… still ambulatory!
- Me atop the 175 steps-high pyramid
- A stele at Yaxilan
- A Yaxilan building
- Another magnificent tree
- The return river trip
- Ready to disembark and head back to our hotel in Palenque
Today we leave for San Cristobal de las Casas, visiting Agua Azul and Tonina on the way… so more to come!